27 October 2013

Simply Pure washing powder/tabs : The best of the 'eco' and sensitive washing powders ?

Simply Pure
I prefer to use a 'eco' and 'skin sensitive' 'hypoallergenic' 'fragrance free' washing powder. So far I have tried 3 brands.

The 3 'eco' washing powder brands I have tried :

Ecover : I felt it didn't wash the clothes to even a minimal acceptable standard.
Surcare : ok. Nothing of note
Simply Pure : I 'feel' this is the best of the 3.

Recently I tried 'Simply Pure' washing powder for the first time. I feel this gives the best wash of the 3 'eco' brands I have tried. I would say it may even be better than the normal 'harsh' brands of washing powder. With 'ecover', I felt it did not even wash the clothes to what I would regard a minimum standard (just my unscientific opinion). Surcare seemed average at best. So for me, I am so far impressed with 'Simply Pure'. I have used both the tabs and the powder.

So my current 'best' of the 'skin sensitive' brands of clothes-washing detergents is Simply Pure

Update Oct13:
Simply Pure tabs
Caking problem with the powder : I am finding the powder really cakes pretty hard when in my cupboard. I do not know why. I am going to try putting it in a sealed container to see if it stops it from caking. Obviously the tabs do not have this problem. I am still very happy with the washes.

Update Nov13 :
It looks like Asda and Tesco no longer stock the powder. The tabs still seem available in Tesco

No comments: